Friday, July 13, 2007

DVD review: THANK YOU FOR SMOKING

Goddamned brilliant!!!

Best opening twenty minutes in comedic film since KISS KISS BANG BANG... before that? Hell I don't know... FIGHT CLUB? I can't remember when I've laughed so hard.

You must see this movie. Seriously... I'm going to find a way to get Jason Reitman on the phone Monday and tell him he's a genius. Not kidding!

And the most amazing thing is the film is politcally neutral. Most highly charged politcal film I've seen in years and I'll be damned if I can figure out what side it comes down on. In the same way they used to say Don Rickles was great because he was an equal opportunity insultor, this one takes jabs at literally everyone.

If you really hate government, and with Bush at 29% and Congress at 24%, realistically, who doesn't? Then this is the movie for you!

No comments: